We all know the recommendations; eat well, exercise, drink water, get plenty of sleep, and reduce stress. These lifestyle changes, along with a regular skincare routine, can help set you up for healthier, happier skin.
1. All natural and all you need for smooth, oil-free skin.
Soothe red irritated skin with this gentle, natural moisturizer. Acne treating products sometimes cause over-drying of skin, leading to excess oil production, restarting the whole cycle. A gentle moisturizer helps prevent these over-corrections.
2. Sometimes your skin needs an extra boost, and that's o.k.
Give your skin the potential for fast, healthy regrowth with this Biotin+ vitamin formula.
3. You've heard it said a million times, hydration is so important, especially for your skin.
A healthy diet, exercise, and drinking plenty of water are some basic steps everyone can take to improve their skin; acne sufferers included. Keep these reusable bottles full of water, fruit juice, or healthy smoothies, so you’re healthy and hydrated.
4. Sunscreen is a necessity, a sunscreen that doesn't clog your pores is even better.
This oil-free sunscreen helps protect sensitive skin without clogging pores.
5. Keep your skin clean and clear even when you're short on time.
Bring the healing powers of the ocean home with these saline wipes. Instead of harsh acne fighting or makeup removing pads when you have no time for a full wash, pull out one of these wipes.
6. Not what you might expect to help fight acne...
Clothing, detergents, fragrances, and more can irritate sensitive skin; changing sheets and especially pillowcases frequently can help prevent this irritation.
7. Clean skin starts with clean bed sheets.
Shifting away from artificial fragrances may reduce some flare-ups, especially in people with sensitive skin or allergies.
8. Literally pull the pimple from your face before they even break the surface.
Extract subsurface pus while protecting skin from outside bacteria with these hydrocolloid bandages. Works well overnight on blemishes that haven’t surfaced.
9. A good night's sleep does wonders for your skin.
A good night’s sleep is essential to having healthy skin; add a few drops of this relaxing essential oil to your laundry, or a hot shower, and enjoy the comforting scent as you drift off to sleep.
10. Make sure you're clean from your head all the way to your toes.
Acne sufferers know it rarely limits itself to your face; it’s a whole-body condition. Help prevent bumps and breakouts along your scalp with this Tea Tree shampoo.
11. Conceal those already apparent blemishes with a formula that won't cause any more.
Makeup sometimes feels like it keeps us in an endless cycle; covering up one breakout only to seem to provoke another, but this liquid foundation formula from Clinique fights acne helps treat breakouts while concealing.
12. We all know stress leads to breakouts, take a moment to yourself while sipping a cup of tea.
A nighttime ritual helps us relax and prepare to sleep; enjoying a warm cup of tea during the evening can make it easier to let go of the stresses of the day.
13. See above about the stress thing, learn more about how to manage it.
If your breakouts are stress-related, sometimes it’s easier to treat the stress than keep fighting an uphill battle against your skin.
14. When that one spot just won't stop breaking out, fight it with this.
This 10% Benzoyl Peroxide mix is perfect for treating stubborn spots. Since it causes skin to be more sensitive to the sun it’s best to use any treatment at night or when you don’t expect much sun exposure.
15. It's a no brainer you should be washing your face every night.
Daily face washing helps soothe breakouts and reduce surface buildup and bacteria; this foaming wash has an invigorating scent perfect for waking up.